"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Prob 31:30
You are created in the image of God, and God doesn't
make junk! Like a snowflake, every person is unique. No two are the
same. God sees you as a masterpiece; and when you look in the mirror, He
wants you to "know that full well." Try this beauty tip: Every morning
when you look in the mirror, say Psalm 139:14 and smile. You might even
tape the verse on your mirror as a reminder! -Focus on the Family
"But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his
height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things
man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at
the heart." 1 Sam 16:7
The world focuses on what people look like on the outside. God focuses
on what people look like on the inside. Do you put more time and effort
into being pretty on the outside or the inside? As you get older, you
will meet Christian girls who spend more time trying to find the perfect
outfit, get the perfect tan, find the perfect lip gloss, and have the
perfect body. While there's nothing wrong with wanting to look pretty,
we need to make sure it's in balance. God would rather see us work on
becoming drop-dead gorgeous on the inside. You know, the kind of girl
who talks to Him on a regular basis (prayer) and reads her Bible.- Focus on the family
As a mom of 2 girls now It's become so important to me that they know life isnt about who is the prettiest, who is the tannest, who has blonde hair, who is a size 0. . . . I am making it a point to make sure my girls know you're heart is much more important! Kids in today society have a much harder time then I did when I was young, outer beauty seems to be so much more important now. I want my girls to have inner beauty! I intend to encourage them and make our home a place they feel excepted and loved no matter what.
No comments:
Post a Comment