Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My journey to Stock the Freezer-Part 1

In order to hold myself accountable and make myself keep up with stocking the freezer until this little one comes I am going to post on here updates every once in a while of what I have got in the freezer. . . I started yesterday and so far I have. . . .

1-1/2 dozen balls of frozen chocolate chip cookie dough
2 dozen balls of frozen chocolate cookie dough with reeses pieces
1 dozen banana muffins
4 qt ziploc bags of Chicken soup

Tomorrow I plan to make some baked spaghetti dishes since our pastors wife gave me a bunch of spaghetti noodles the other day that i need to be cooking up and using.
Eventually in the next few weeks I hope to add frozen homemade pizza, chicken pot pie, chili soup, taco soup, chicken tortilla bake & some blueberry muffins. I am thinking about trying to do some homemade waffles but not sure how they will thaw in the toaster??

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

i have a good cheesy pasta recipe that freezes well! it's very yummy and makes a lot! i usually make the whole recipe and split it into two to freeze.

i'm going to msg. you that meatball recipe today. i can do the other one too if you want it tonight.

Janice said...

I've frozen waffles and then toasted them. Its been awhile, but from what I remember. . . they tasted fine.

Swidget 1.0 3