Monday, August 24, 2009

32 weeks


By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, it will gain a third to half of its birth weight during the next 7 weeks as it fattens up for survival outside the womb. It now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Its skin is becoming soft and smooth as it plumps up in preparation for birth.

*Baby is doing lots of moving the last week. The other day it was almost a constant movement all day long. The midwife confirmed the head is down and the feet are up but the butt is moving back and forth from side to side. Last night we could see it moving across the middle of my belly.


*Sleep is becoming a thing of the past for me. I sleep on and off all night and toss and turn the rest of the night. Mostly from having to switch from side to side every hour or so to keep from getting sore on the side I am sleeping on.

*I got almost all of my birth supplies that the midwife asked for in the nursery ready to go! Makes me feel a little more prepared now! I have a few things to pick up yet but for the most part its all here!

*Next midwife appointment is monday (a week from today)

*I gained about 6# in the last week and a half which isnt bad I guess since I havent really gained much the whole pregnancy yet.

3 comments:

Chelsa said...

sounds like everything is going well!!

Janice said...

i decided that the difficulty sleeping thing was to get me used to functioning in a sleep deprived state (before the baby actually comes) :).

Shannon said...

Lol- must be it Janice! I am normally not a morning person and I like my sleep too much but boy the last few weeks I am awake every few hours wide awake.

Swidget 1.0 3