Saturday, January 31, 2009

Life

Why doesnt life go as you want it to or plan it to? 
  I am a planner by nature. I plan everything out. I have list and note on everything. So when something happens that wasnt planned or messes up my plans I dont like it. Just that simple. The last few months have been VERY hard on me. My diagnosis of PCOS has been hard to swallow. On one hand its nice to know that there is a reason I am having health problems and that Im not crazy. But on another hand its depressing to know that I will always struggle with it. Its not a one time deal. Knowing I will always struggle with my weight, always struggle with my sugar levels, always struggle with emotions. 
   Through it all I am trying to learn to be patient and rely on God to help me through it all. I realize this maybe Gods way of telling me Im not relying on him enough. I am the type of person to want things done right here, right now and I tend to make things happen on my own without waiting. I am learning that life isnt always what you think it will be like. Its not always a box of chocolates.  We have had so many blessings since we been married that its hard to not praise God for all the good he has done. We have been blessed with very nice sized tax refunds the last 2 years,  Chadd has been blessed with a job he loves and makes good money on it, we have been blessed that whenever there is a unexpected bill or something needing replaced money always shows up when we least expect it. I have been blessed to be able to work at home babysitting so I can keep up our house,  I am blessed with a car that runs great and that i love and that we havent had trouble with at all and while his truck has seen better days we are blessed to have it running again. You never realize how hard it is to live with one car then when you have to for a few months. I have been blessed with my headaches being gone and nothing serious causing them. I have been blessed to become friends with a sweet sweet girl who has helped me through the past year so much. I dont know what i would have done without her. Mrs Chelsa you have been amazing the last year, helping me through so much and encouraging me when I was debbie downer. I am so thankful for you and am so happy for you with your little miracle baby on the way! 
      What Im trying to say is even though you go through bad times there ALWAYS is good things happening to you. You can chose to ignore them and feel sorry for yourself OR you can focus on the good things going on. I am choosing to focus on the good and keep praying for the things I cant control. 

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Hi Shannon!!
Yes, I remember you! I'm so glad that you commented on my blog! I can totally identify with you when it comes to being a planner!! I try to control everything! It seems like almost daily I have to say, God you're in control not me!! I'll be praying for you!!

Chelsa said...

well iw as already crying reading your post and then i read the part about me and i cried even harder!!!! i feel the exact same way about you- God must of known we needed each other! :)

Swidget 1.0 3