Thursday, September 3, 2009

Midwife appointment update

yesterday evening I got to see the midwife and had a checkup. Everything still looks great! She said the baby's head is even farther down this week which explains all the pressure I am feeling in my hips. She said thats normal since the baby is laying on them. Baby's heartrate was great, baby is head down and she "thinks" (wasnt positive) that it is in the correct position! She wasnt sure since the baby kept moving and she couldnt feel it quite right but she was pretty sure its facing the right way and everything. She estimated the baby at about 4# right now. I have a strange feeling its gonna be a little baby seeing that its momma and daddy arent giants! Lol
I am doing well, my blood pressure is great, sugar levels are great, no swelling, weight gain is great, the midwife was really impressed with how much bending over I can still do and with how well I pull myself up off chairs and stuff. Apparantly I could be milking this thing a bit more and making Chadd do more work. LOL. Just joking of course! I am very thankful that I am still very mobile and not having too many complaints. Other than the 6-8 weeks of morning sickness I experienced at the beginning this really has been a easy pregnancy. My only complaint now would have to be not sleeping. The midwife said its normal at this point and there really isnt anything to do about it.

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

my first pregnancy w/ the easiest one on my body- i don't remember having near the aches and pains... too bad it just got harder. you should think it would get easier! haha!

glad everything went well at your appt.

Swidget 1.0 3