Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long.Its fat layers — which will help regulate its body temperature once its born — are filling it out, making it rounder. Its skin is also smoother than ever. Its central nervous system is maturing and its lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
Some new things Im noticing this week - - -
*Stretch Marks! OMG! The sides of my belly look like a road map! Lol. I have been using a stretch mark lotion ever since getting pregnant but it hasnt helped. To think I still have 6 weeks to grow Im wondering how many more stretch marks I can get?
*Baby's butt keeps pushing up toward my lungs I think cause I have been struggling to breath alot. That and I can feel something incredibly hard pressing out through my stomach.
2 comments:
Oh I hate that feeling of always trying to catch your breath. I think that was one thing I was VERY delighted about both times I got those babies out- i could breathe again!
thanks for your comment on the stretch marks- I don't do anything special- I guess it is genetics. I really have NO idea how I haven't even gotten one... b/c you know how huge I get!
Stretch marks aren't any fun....but they fade with time! ;) And if it is genetics, I didn't get my momma's genes because I have enough for several people and she doesn't have any!!
Post a Comment