Well, today was my "23" week appointment although I am actually 22 & 6 days today. Everything looks great. The baby's heart rate is still right where its been at, my blood pressure, sugar levels are normal.I am measuring right at 23 weeks. So yay for a good appointment!! The same midwife that delivered my baby brother is the one I am seeing so today my Mom and Baby brother went with me and it was nice for the midwife to get to see a baby she delivered almost 13 years ago!! Pretty cool. I also met a blogger friend I made on here who is also having a home birth. Its always cool to meet people in person who you "meet" online.
This week is my last week of babysitting the girls. Its a bitter sweet week for me. I am relieved that I wont have the responsibility of watching them every day and there is quite alot of drama in their family ritht now so I know I need to quit for my health & sanity sake now. But yet its also hard for me to let them go since they are going through a tough time right now and I know its going to be hard for them to lose yet another person in their lives. I have had Sarah since she was 2 months old so I am all she remembers. Ill probably cry my way through next week without them. But I know its the right thing to do for me right now and for my baby.
*edit* I forgot to mention that our pastor still needs lots of prayers. They thought he would get to come home if they used a hospital bed and all at home on Saturday but Friday night he started having digestive problems and was sick all day saturday and all night saturday night. He is on a liquid diet with a little yogurt & puddings right now so for the time being he is in the hospital yet. Once his digestive system is back in working order they will talk about what to do next or when he gets to come home. Its been almost 3 weeks now that he has been in the hospital so I am sure they are all ready to come home. Please pray also for his wife & their kids. His sons and their wife/girlfriend have been back and forth alot the last 3 weeks too.
2 comments:
I am glad your appointment went well and that we could meet too! I used to be a nanny in St. Louis and I was with the family for more than two years. It was really hard to leave them too, but hopefully you will stay in touch. And since I am not working right now, I can definitely attest to the merits of having some pregnant free time to get ready. Did you already read the book "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth"? I really recommend it for some empowering birth stories. Have a good 23rd week! -Beth
glad your appt. went so well! :)
Post a Comment