Your baby's sensory development is exploding! The brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that it may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to it, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. Its arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of its body now. Its kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on its scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on its skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
We made it to 19 weeks!! I cant believe how fast time has flown by. I am feeling pretty good, starting to get a few back aches and yesterday I think I had a little swelling on my ankles. But that might be partly my fault sine saturday all day we were on our feet and walking and sunday I was all around at church then sunday night we went for a walk.
I had a midwife appointment yesterday and everything looks normal. Heartrate is staying about the same & my belly is measuring right about 18 weeks. My blood pressure is normal, sugar levels are normal, not alot of access weight gain so its all good!!
I felt the baby kick for the first time last night!!! I was laying on the couch and chadd was sitting on the floor beside me and it kicked me really low like right above my hip bone and scared me. Chadd says I jumped! Lol. I was like I think the baby just kicked! Sure enough, i felt a couple more kicks last night. They were all pretty low in my belly too so the baby must be laying low.
I found some great deals on baby clothes and got about 75 pieces of clothing in sizes newborn to 9 months. for around $100. I cant wait til it all ships out and I get to open the box!! Lol. Its better than christmas!
1 comment:
oooo the baby clothes sound super fun! i loved getting new boxes of clothes off ebay (between my mom and grandma i think i got like 4). each time it was like christmas!
Post a Comment