Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sittin round waiting. . . .

. . . . . Patiently. . . Ok not so patiently. TRYING to be patient is more like it. We are so ready to meet the little one its not even funny! On one hand for me its bittersweet to realize that the time for baby to come is here already. I am realizing my days of pregnancy are fewer and fewer and although I cant wait to hold my baby on the OUTSIDE I cant help but feel a little sad that I can no longer "protect" my baby like I have for 9 months. Chadd is so excited to meet the baby, I cant wait for him to be able to help with the baby and hold the baby. He has been such a amazing support for all 9 months I cant imagine what I would do with out him.
My midwife appointment on monday went well. I was only there 15 minutes! She said its just a waiting game now. Everything is good, my blood pressure, sugar, weight gain, no swelling, baby's heartrate is still great. Nothing to be concerned about. She doesnt do exams until your in labor or your 40 weeks whichever comes first so I dont know if there is any dialation or effacing going on BUT the midwife did say that since the baby is so low that she is pretty sure that I am thinning at least if not starting to dialate some. But we cant know for sure.
We also met with our Doula on sunday afternoon. She will be coming when I go into labor. She came just to make sure she could find our house and to talk about what we wanted in labor,etc. She also helped calm some of my fears I had about actual labor/birth so I am very glad she came.
My birth pool is blown up, the birth supplies are stacked in a box waiting to be used and my house is pretty clean. Now we wait. . . . .

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

patient my rear! i know you better than that! :)

Shannon said...

Yeah your right. . Im so impatient! Lol. My midwife said if baby hasnt come by monday at my appointment that she will do a exam and see whats going on!

Swidget 1.0 3