We are no longer attending our church on sunday mornings and have since started attending another church. We love the new church and are so at home there. Everyone is so friendly. We have been stopped a few times since we left our old church by the church members saying they missed us and why did we quit coming? Well up until today I never really had a good answer. I knew why we didnt continue there but i couldnt get the right words to say it. . So Here in my own words is what I think is a AMAZING church . . . . . .
1. First off I think a church that makes ME feel at home is one that is always ready to help you out. Always there when you need it. Like when you have a new baby and your church offers to bring in meals for the first week. . Awesome idea. .
2. Or when your building a house and are struggling to complete it and they offer help to get it done faster.
3. Or when grandparents/parents pass away they offer condolences and send flowers/gifts and come to the viewing/funeral.
4. A church focuses on what YOUR needs are at the time not on what section of the church You would best be suited to "use your god givin gifts at". Sometimes you just NEED to sit in church and not be responsible for some aspect of it.
To me a church that will make me feel at home is one that focuses on HELPING church families in times of need. A church should be a big family. And sorry but if thats not how you see it then we are going to disagree. And yes I know I might raise some eyebrows when people read this but ya know what? Its the honest truth. And you know what? If your not happy in church do you think your getting anywhere spiritually? No, your in a rut.
1 comment:
Post a Comment