Kianna is almost totally weaned!! Yay! I had planned to wait until she was 1 then start weaning her one session a week until she was done, so like over a months time. Well since all this medical stuff came up all the sudden for me and for a while I had no idea if I was going to end up in the hospital for over night stays, have surgery, Be on medications I couldnt nurse on . . .etc. And I didnt want to risk the chance of those and knowing Kianna had never had formula or milk other then breastmilk. So I decided to just go ahead and start weaning a few weeks ago. She eats pretty much table food full time anyways so its not been too hard. I despise formula and refuse to use it unless I have to so I put her on raw goats milk. She is taking it in a bottle at bedtime right now and eating fruits, veggies, meats at meals. She is still nursing when she wakes up in the morning but thats the only time. Its bitter sweet to be almost finished, I had a pretty easy nursing time with her, never really had any problems except for mastitis a few times.
Such a big girl I have now!! 11 months old post coming up in a few days!!!
3 comments:
Can't believe she is almost a year!
I remember those bittersweet feelings when I quit nursing Bre! :) I think you are on heck of a woman for making it to a year.
Thanks Casondra!
Chels- I know how fast did this time go??
Post a Comment