Today I had a spell where my heart started racing and I felt shaky. I called Chadd and had him come home, he called our family dr and he was out of the office today so we went to the Urgent care center. By the time we got to the urgent care and got called back my heart rate was 108. Normal is in the 80s. BUT my heart was slowed back down by then, Chadd tried to check my heart rate when he got home and he said he thinks it was around 130. The Urgent care Dr said that 150-160s is when they worry. The Dr thinks its Tachy (Trachy?)Arythmia, or in non fancy terms - fast heart rate or irregular heart rate. He said its nothing he is too concerned about right now, he did however schedule me for a EKG on wednesday morning and then after the EKG I am getting a heart monitor put on for 24 hours. If they cant get any readings in 24 hours they will put a 30 day monitor on. The Dr said its not usually something to harmful, its just annoying when it happens. He also said that it usually comes on fast but takes hours to slow back down to normal. They said no caffeine or alot of sweets. They also said my cholesterol was slighly elevated so Im not supposed to have fatty foods, alot of red meats, fried foods, Chips, cookies. . . . .
Please just keep me in your prayers over the next week or so. If I have another spell before wednesday when I get the monitor put on then Im supposed to head to the ER at the hospital and have them monitor it while its happening. My app is Wed @ 7:30am at Jasper Memorial.
No comments:
Post a Comment