Friday, May 7, 2010

Baby Names- Show us your life

Kellys Korner is having SHOW US YOUR LIFE FRIDAY and todays topic is Baby names. I didnt link to her site cause mine is private so nobody can read it but thought I would participate anyways.

I wont share any names for future kids cause thats a secret ;-)

When I was pregnant with Kianna we had 3 girl names and 3 boy names we liked. Chadd wasnt much help picking out just 1 name cause he would always say, you pick one from those 3, I like all 3. . Lol. When we finally found out it was a girl we narrowed it down to 3 girl names. They were
Lily Briann, Kianna Brielle or Madalyn. Well, when my cousin found out she was pregnant with twin girls and announced their names- Madison & Ava, Madalyn got thrown out for us since we it was pretty close in sound. We went back and forth between Lily and Kianna for quite a while. We finally decided that Lilly Smith was just too common a name thus we chose Kianna!
Kianna means Living with Grace & Brielle means God is my strength.
For the next baby(s) who knows on a name, ha ha! We always said we loved the name Brycen even before we got married if we ever had a boy, well, then I became good friends with a sweet sweet girl and what is her sons name? Yep, Brycen. . Lol. So we threw that name out and we do have 2 or 3 boy names, but by the time we are ready for another baby I may have a whole new set of names!!
I admit, it is very hard to name a baby with the last name SMITH since its soo common and there are a gazillion smiths! AND then my moms family has 80 some people, my dads family has around 40 people, Chadds dad's family has 40 or so people so try to name your baby something that hasnt already been used by family or doesnt sound like a name already used!!

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

lol that's how i fee about the last name Knepp! no common first names for us! at our church there are like 10 Ryan Knepp's lol!

i always liked thename Jayce for a boy before i met RYan- then met him andhis nephew (who was 2 mo. old at the time) was named Jayce. darn! lol

Swidget 1.0 3