Well, Im pretty proud of myself. I started out 2010 with the goal to become even more greener/live cheaper then we did in 09. So far I think Im doing pretty good.
In 2009 we. . .
1. Used Cloth diapers on Kianna instead of disposables
2. Nurse instead of Formula for Kianna
3. Started recycling thus cutting back on our trash because we have to pay per bag to dump it
4. Made my own laundry soap.
5. Used Cloth Nursing pads instead of disposable
So far in '10 we . . . .
1. Switch to all natural cleaning supplies and make my own with Vinegar, essential oils and baking soda.
2. Started REMEMBERING to take my reusable grocery bags to the store with me.
3. Started using All natural shampoo and conditioner
4. Making my own baby food for Kianna
5. Using a all natural shampoo on the dogs instead of the nasty dog shampoo that smells!
6. Hanging Ki's Diapers and our jeans and sheets and blankets out on our porch rail to dry instead of using the dryer. (my clothes line is not strung with string so I cant use it.)
More Energy saving Changes coming to our house soon but i cant quite talk about it yet. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can tell!! ;-)
Im also thinking in the next few months of renewing my sams club card and buying in bulk. I figured it up and for about half of ours monthly items I buy I can get it in bulk twice a year and it will end up being $9 a month. Then i would have to just buy perishables and fruit and stuff every week at the store and should be under $40-$50 a month. So WAY cheaper grocery bill then it is now. Plus in the summer its always cheaper cause we get a ton from moms garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment