I have been making my own cleaners for some time now and have finally found mixtures that work great after much trial and error!
Scrubbing Powder
This works well to sprinkle on the tub, sinks, anywhere you need some grit!
1/2 cup Borax
1/2 cup Washing soda
1/2 cup Baking soda
mix well and store in a old parmesan cheese shaker. Sprinkle on tub, sink, wherever and scrub with a rag or brush. Rinse clean.
All purpose spray
1/2 Cup Vinegar
1 Cup water
few drops essential oil
Mix all together in a large spray bottle. Add whatever essential oils you like. Tea Tree oil is a disinfectant so add that if you need to disinfect.
Shake before using each time.
Dusting Spray
1/4 Cup Olive oil
1 Cup Vinegar
Mix together and store in a spray bottle. Shake well before each use as the olive oil seperates. You can add lemon essential oil to make it smell more like dusting spray if you want.
Laundry Soap
1 Cup Borax
1 Cup Washing soda
1/2 Bar of Fels Naptha soap
Grate soap bar. In a big pot heat 6 cups water and add grated soap. Once melted add the borax and soda. Mix until all dissolved. In a big 3 gallon bucket put 4 cups hot water. Add soap mix. Then add 1-1/2 gallons of hot water. Stir until mixed well.
Let sit for 24 hours before using. This will be a gel like. Add 1/2 cup to each load.
For fabric softener simply add 1/4 cup vinegar to the wash at the rinse cycle or in the softner spot if you have one.
Im still trying to find a Windex recipe I like, until then i am still using windex because honestly I use so very little that 1- It isnt enough toxins to hurt and 2- I am still using the same bottle we got right before we got married. So its not that costly for us.
I Also am still using store bought dish soap because I havent been able to find a natural dish soap recipe that works and doesnt leave a film. Plus dish soap is cheap so its not a big concern to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment